Friday, July 20, 2012

My Last Betsey Johnson Sample Sale Adventure

A Dedicated Post To My Inspiration: Betsey Johnson

As you guys may know/not know from my first introductory post, I briefly said how much I adored Betsey Johnson. Well, I'm a little late as far as posting this, but its better late than never, right? Anyways I wanted to share my last Betsey Sample Sale EVER!! Yes the last. I was very upset I must say. I've been going to almost every sample sale for the last 4 years. Once I got those emails, I would rush to finish what I was doing during the course of the day, then hop on the train and go to the sale (like clockwork). So how could I possibly miss the last one. This time it was located in her showroom. This was where all her creations came to life. I literally wanted to cry when I got to the building and stepped out of the elevator. I looked to my right, nothing and once I looked to my left, there it was..... a hot pink hallway. I walked right over and I was left in awe. Here, I was finally here, where my favorite designer cut, drew, and dressed models for many many years. This is probably the longest I ever stayed at one of her sample sales. I just had to soak it all in, especially since this was the first time I had gone to her showroom. Of course I had to take some pics to remind me of the experience. Everything was for sale. When I mean everything it was literally everything you could possibly think of in the room inclding the light fixtures, paintings, computers, and mannequins. I ended up buying a floral skirt, a black skirt with a huge zipper in the front, a Marilyn Monroe long sweater, another sweater dress, a pink jean dress (kind of corset-looking which fits like a glove),and a vintage inspired dress. The two sweaters I purchased just as I was about to leave. One of the girls working there was bringing back clothes that some girls had already tried on and didn't want. SCORE!!! I couldn't pass this up or else I know I would regret it forever. Overall I was filled with extreme sadness and excitement at the same time. I love Betsey Johnson and didn't think this would ever happen. Although this is the end as far as her stores, its not the end of my adventures to find anything else I could find of hers and will continue to support her. So there you have it, I leave you all with the pictures below. Enjoy.





What I wore: Forever 21 dress, Betsey Johnson Purse, Tarina Tarantino bracelet, Ralph Lauren Men's Belt, Report Flats


xoxo Yesenia

No comments:

Post a Comment